As part of NYU's Global Network University, students have several opportunities to participate in global learning programs. Through immersion in local cultures and societies, students are able to experience social work as a global profession. Silver Faculty and Field instructors developed each program to examine social policy and practice, framed by the location’s social, political, and economic issues to give students a deeper understanding of diverse cultures.
Through an international lens, students can focus on:
- Advanced clinical theory
- Community engagement
- Health and social welfare issues
- Social justice and social movement
- Global mental health
- Substance Abuse
Several study abroad options allow for language immersion and residing with local families. Through the global experience, students are encouraged to reflect on social conditions and the multicultural values, ethics, ideologies, and approaches required for social work practice.
NYU Passport Drive for US Citizens
Fall Date and Time To Be Announced
383 Lafayette Street
Need to apply for or renew a US passport for international travel? The Office of Global Services (OGS) is hosting a convenient Passport Drive for US citizens at NYU. Don’t miss the chance to easily apply for or renew your passport!
Representatives from the US Department of State will be collecting applications from US citizens for first time passports, passport renewals and passport cards. Learn more about passports at travel.state.gov.
Questions? Contact OGS at email@example.com or 212-998-4242.
Global Program Scholarship
JANUARY 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS
- The application for the January 2018 programs will be available in mid-Fall 2017.
SUMMER 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS
- The application for the Summer 2018 programs will be available in late Fall 2017.
FALL 2018 SCHOLARSHIPS
- The application for the Fall 2018 will be available in Spring 2018.
- Tel Aviv, Israel: Assessment and Treatment of Children of Substance Misusing Parents - Application will be available in early Fall 2017
March 2018 (Spring Break)
- Washington, DC: Social Work and Legislative Advocacy: Developing Skills and Knowledge - Application will be available in early Fall 2017
Opportunities for Undergraduates
Undergraduate students can enroll in some of the global programs housed at the Silver School—Costa Rica; Washington, DC; and Paris—and have additional options available in Ghana and Buenos Aires.
Opportunities for Alumni and Other Social Work Professionals
We invite applications to participate in global learning courses on a selected basis. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Ben Sher, Director, Office of Global and Lifelong Learning.