- Students will take the following required courses while in Buenos Aires:
- Social Work Practice III
- Social Work Research II
- Human Behavior III
- Field Instruction III
- Elective (TBD)*
- Several courses will be taught by local Argentine faculty and will include local guest speakers and site visits.
Argentina (Semester Program)
NYU Silver's Semester Abroad in Buenos Aires Program
Fall Semester Courses
Frequenty Asked Questions
- ADRA Argentina (English/ Spanish) ADRA works with people in poverty and distress.
- Centro de Vida (Fluent in Spanish only) This is a medical outpatient facility where health assessments are carried out.
- Fundación Comisión Católica Argentina de Migraciones (English/ Spanish) Interdisciplinary services for immigrant and refugees, case management and program evaluation.
- Fundación Grano de Mostaza (Fluent in Spanish only) Educational organization focused on ameliorating inequalities.
- Fundación Zambrano (Spanish only) Health foundation providing free eye care and eye surgery to low-income adults and children. Placement involves a team of physicians and social workers doing case-management pre- and post-surgery and providing community health education around eye care in public and rural schools, and free eye exams and glasses to children.
- Hogar de Niñas del Pilar (Fluent in Spanish only) Interdisciplinary team at a group Home for adolescent girls.
- Valle Grande (English/ Spanish)
GLOBAL PROGRAM APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCESS
To apply for this program, you must complete the Global Program Application. The Global Program Application requires that you upload your current resume and the Global Program Essay Questions for the particular program to which you are applying into the application, along with a copy of your passport photo page (if you already have a passport and it is applicable to the program).
(Email Stephanie Kaplan for a Word version of this document.)
To begin an application for this course:
- Log in to NYU Home
- Click on the 'Academics' tab
- Click on the 'Albert Login' button
- Scroll down to where you see the 'Application Center' link (lower right side) and click on it
- Scroll down to where you see 'Silver Global Programs' and click on the 'Apply' link to the right
- Follow the application instructions found at the top of the page
- Applications cannot be saved and must be completed in one session. Make sure you have all the necessary materials before beginning the application.
- Applicants will get a confirmation email if submission was successful; please try not to submit more than one application for each program.
Applicants who accept their seats in the program will receive additional next-steps and will be enrolled in the course from the Office of Global and Lifelong Learning. Students do not self-register for global programs.
For Program Content Inquries Contact
For general questions contact