The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning has a limited number of $1,000 study abroad scholarships available to NYU Silver MSW students participating in short-term Silver courses abroad (i.e. non-domestic programs). These scholarships are intended to defray the costs of travel and enable students who may not otherwise be able to participate an opportunity to experience an NYU Silver study abroad courses.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, we are able to offer two (2) $1,000 scholarships per course.
Demonstration of financial need is required for this award. This is determined by electronically filing a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to file a FAFSA and qualify for this scholarship.
To apply, complete the form below for the course to which you have applied. Only students that are admitted to their designated study abroad course will be eligible for scholarship consideration, so make sure to submit your course application before applying for a scholarship.
Please note that you will need to complete a form for each of the courses for which you would like to be considered for a scholarship.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Core Concepts in Child and Adolescent Trauma - APPLY
- Puebla, Mexico: Migration and the Drumpf Wall: Health and Social Welfare Issues of Latino Migrants - APPLY
- Tel Aviv, Israel: Assessment and Treatment of Children of Substance Misusing Parents - APPLY
- Del Carmen, Philippines: Women's Health and Community Well-Being: A Collaborative Ethnography - APPLY
- Glasgow, United Kingdom: Comparative Mental Health Policy & Practice in the United Kingdom and the United States - APPLY
- Paris, France: Practice with Families: Comparative Approaches - APPLY
- Shanghai, China: Human Services and Social Work in China: Health and Mental Health - APPLY
Deadline to apply for Summer 2020 course scholarships: December 15, 2019