Admission to the PhD program at the Silver School of Social Work is granted on a highly selective basis and determined by the quality of the overall application.
Requirements for Admissions
Requirements for admission to the program include:
- MSW degree with a graduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4 point scale;
- Bachelor's degree with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4 point scale;
- Competitive scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), particularly in the quantitative reasoning and analytical writing sections;
- Acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose first language is not English;
- A well-written and compelling statement of research interest; and
- Three outstanding recommendations.
Note: While post-MSW practice experience is not a requirement, at least three years of experience is recommended.
Fall 2015 Application is now closed
FALL OPEN HOUSE 2015 will be held on Thursday, October 22. Details to follow in the near future.