- In addition to completing the required forms in the online application, applicants must also arrange for official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate work to be mailed directly to the address listed below. If degree work is incomplete at the time of application, applicants should send transcripts of completed work later, followed by a final transcript when all grades and the award of the degree are recorded.
- Applicants must provide a current curriculum vitae/résumé with their completed application.
- Applicants must have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) at a certified testing center. To speed processing, applicants may send copies of their score reports to our office with their application materials; however, an official score report is still required. Please be sure to indicate the date you took or expect to take the test. The GRE code for the Silver School of Social Work is 2506.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The School code for these tests is 2506.
- Applicants should retain a copy of their completed application form and statement of research interest for their records.
- Complete the online application payment with your credit card, or enclose a non-refundable application fee of $75.00 (USD) in the form of a check or money order made payable to New York University-Social Work.
- The completed application form and all supporting materials must be received no later than 11:59 pm (17:00h) Eastern Standard Time on January 10, 2014, in order for your application to be considered.
Official transcripts and non-electronic application fees should be mailed to:
New York University
Silver School of Social Work
PhD Program Office, Room 318
Attn: PhD Admissions
1 Washington Square North
New York, NY 10003-6654