- Spring 2015 Seminar Series on Behavioral Disorders: Due to high demand, these seminars have reached capacity. To be added to the wait list for a seminar, please click here.
- Working Along the Margins: Social Work and Palliative Care with At-Risk Populations (at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center), March 3, 2015
- Managing Psychiatric Emergencies in Children and Adolescents (an NYU School of Medicine Event), March 8, 2015
- Social Work's Role in the 21st Century (Special Social Work Month seminar featuring Dean Lynn Videka), March 24, 2015
- Mindfulness in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (LIVE WEBINAR), April 14, 2015
- Creative Arts & Social Work: A Day for Inspiration and Building Creative Spaces, April 27, 2015
- Holding on and Letting Go: The Red Threat of Adult Bereavement (LIVE WEBINAR), April 30, 2015
Silver School of Social Work Approved by NYSED to Provide Continuing Education Units
On November 19, 2014, the Silver School of Social Work received notification of its approval by the New York State Education Department to provide continuing education units (CEUs) for license maintenance for social work practitioners.
The Silver School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0012.
Chapter 443 Establishes Continuing Education Requirement for LMSW and LCSW
On October 24, 2013, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill that will require each LMSW and LCSW to maintain continuing education beginning January 1, 2015. All LMSWs and LCSWs must complete 36 hours of acceptable formal continuing education in each triennial registration period.
To address this new mandate, NYU Silver School of Social Work is working hard to expand its continuing education offerings through its Office of Global and Lifelong Learning. We will provide updates here as more information develops. To help us expand our offerings, especially online programs, please complete our survey.
The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning will respond to the new legislation with updated offerings as details become available and will be working closely with the Office of Alumni Affairs to best relay information and assist in continued professional development to all NYU Silver School of Social