Clinical Practice with Interracial Couples
- Participants will examine the current trends in interracial/intercultural coupling in the US
- Participants will describe the basic tenets of critical race theory and apply the perspectives to understand the challenges that interracial/intercultural couples often face
- Participants will apply systemic and interactive perspectives in understanding couple conflicts
- Participants will identify issues and the importance of cultural/racial self-awareness among clinicians who work with interracial/intercultural couples
- General Admission: $20.00
Registration for this event is available here.
NOTE: Our registration and payment forms work best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers and less well with Internet Explorer and Safari. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox when completing the registration form. Please make sure to check that all fields are completed accurately on the form before submitting.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
NYSED AND ACE APPROVED FOR 1 CE CONTACT HOUR (SELF-STUDY)
NOTE: LMHCs can provide psychotherapy to couples, but may not hold themselves out as a marriage, family or couples therapist.
Cancellations and Refunds
The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made within 24 hours after event registration: full refund
- Refund requests made more than 24 hours after event registration: no refund
NYU Silver School of Social Work
Office of Global and Lifelong Learning
1 Washington Square North, G08
New York, NY 10003