Restorative Justice as a Response to Domestic Violence: Practice and Research
- Participants will examine the causes of domestic violence and the criminal justice system’s response to it.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the restorative justice model as an alternative to the standard treatment and its potential to help those impacted by domestic violence – both victim and offender.
- Participants will identify strategies for implementing randomized controlled trials in real-world settings including university, criminal justice, and community-based agency partnerships.
Briana Barocas, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor; Director of Research, NYU Center on Violence and Recovery
Danielle Emery, M.P.A.
Director of Programs, NYU Center on Violence and Recovery
Faye Zakheim, Ph.D.
Fellow, Senior Circle Trainer, NYU Center on Violence and Recovery
Registration for this event is available here.
NOTE: Our registration and payment forms work best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers and less well with Internet Explorer and Safari. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox when completing the registration form. Please make sure to check that all fields are completed accurately on the form before submitting.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
The Silver School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0012.
This organization (NYU Silver School of Social Work, 1415) is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. NYU Silver School of Social Work maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 11/11/15 - 11/11/16. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
Attendance at this event result in receipt of one (1) continuing education hour.
In order to obtain the credits, all participants are required to complete a post-event learning assessment.
- General Admission: $20.00
Cancellations and Refunds
- Refund requests made within 24 hours after event registration: full refund
- Refund requests made more than 24 hours after event registration: no refund
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS & GRIEVANCE POLICY
Special Accommodations: Students requiring accommodations have the opportunity to make these known upon registering or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addressing Grievances: For information on our Grievance Policy, please click here. If you have questions or concerns contact (212) 998-9099.
Office of Global and Lifelong Learning
1 Washington Square North, G08
New York, NY 10003