The Central Force of Mindfulness in Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Participants will be able to describe the DBT view of Mindfulness and why it is the core of DBT skills;
- Participants will understand the value and centrality of Mindfulness for those struggling with emotion dysregulation; and
- Participants will be able to name and engage in several Core Mindfulness exercises and generalize this experience to client interactions in their practices.
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Silver School of Social Work, New York University; Clinical Director/Owner Blue Skye Consulting, LLC; Advocacy Social Work, Hackensack University Medical Center; Author, Editor
To register for this self-study webinar, please log in to our Online Registration Portal and select this webinar from the "All Events & Programs" tab, under "Online Learning" section.
If you have not yet used our system, please learn more about creating a user profile by visiting our Online Registration Portal instructions page. It will walk you through the process step-by-step.
NOTE: Our registration and payment forms work best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers and less well with Internet Explorer and Safari. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox when completing the registration form. Please make sure to check that all fields are completed accurately on the form before submitting.
- General Admission: $25.00
Cancellations and Refunds
The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made within 24 hours after event registration: full refund
- Refund requests made more than 24 hours after event registration: no refund
To request a reimbursement, please complete the form located here.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
NYSED & ACE APPROVED FOR 1 CONTINUING EDUCATION CONTACT HOUR (SELF-STUDY)
NYU Silver School of Social Work
Office of Global and Lifelong Learning
1 Washington Square North, G08
New York, NY 10003