Executive Leadership in the Not-for-Profit Sector
From the Director: Interview with Linda Lausell Bryant, BA, MSW, PHD
The certificate program is comprised of 10 sessions over one semester, running Tuesdays evenings 4:00 - 6:30 pm. Assignments include weekly readings and a final learning assessment in the form of a project or test.
- Lisa Haisha
2019 Program Calendar (Dates subject to change)
NOTE: This program runs for just the spring semester.
- Adaptive Leadership, a practical leadership framework that helps individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in challenging environments
- Guest lecturers including current and former CEOs, government officials (such as New York Times Corner Office* columnist and author Adam Bryant and Adaptive Leadership consultant, Marc Manashil)
- Hiring and talent development
- Development and fiscal management
- Stakeholder relations (board, community, government)
- Case studies
Continuing Education Contact Hours
- 25 NYSED-approved Contact Hours will be awarded for this program.
NYU Silver School of Social Work, 1415 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. NYU Silver School of Social Work maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 11/11/16 - 11/11/19. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this program will receive 14 continuing education contact hours.
For Mental Health Practitioners: Please check with your state, if you are not licensed in New York, to determine if these credits will be accepted for licensing renewal.
To apply for this program, use the application link below. You will be prompted to create a user profile in order to begin the application. Note that this is a spring program, so you should select the 'Spring 2019' option from the drop down menu. The Executive Leadership application requires you to submit the following supplemental documents:
- Current CV/resume
- Personal statement about why you are applying to this program
- The name and contact information of one reference, who will receive a notification from the system to provide her or his letter of support
Application deadline: January 7, 2019
Special Accommodations & Grievance Guidelines
Students requiring accommodations have the opportunity to make these known upon registering or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see our Grievance Policy for information on our grievance and complaint procedures. If you have questions or concerns contact (212) 998-9099.
2018-19 Certificate Programs
- Advanced Assessment and Diagnosis
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Child and Family Therapy
- Clinical Approaches to the Addictions
- Clinical Practice with Adolescents
- Clinical Supervision
- Executive Leadership in the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Spirituality and Social Work
- Rodney Lee, MSW, Deputy Director, Children’s Aid Society