This program consists of five modules focused on transforming primary and behavioral healthcare systems resulting from the recent passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA):
- Module 1: The Affordable Care Act (10 hrs/CEs)
- Module 2: Social Determinants of Health: Healthcare Disparities and Integrated Healthcare (20 hrs/CEs)
- Module 3: Person-Centered Care: Understanding Core Components of Practice and Skills Development (20 hrs/CEs)
- Module 4: The ACA: Promoting Systems & Organized Accountability (10 hrs/CEs)
- Module 5: The ACA: Promoting Leadership through Times of Change (20hrs/CEs)
- Module 6: Trauma-Informed Care (20hrs/CEs)
Each module is led by experts in their respective fields. Online, in-person, and guest lectures will be included within each module. Each module is designed as a stand-alone learning experience, but taken together offer a comprehensive overview of the healthcare reform movement. Completion of each module will result in the award of a certificate in the area of concentration and a corresponding number of continuing education units. Completion of all five modules results in the award of the Advanced Certificate in Healthcare Reform. This program is designed for social workers and related health care professionals.