Six certificates are currently offered to provide human service and health care professionals the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed and advance in the transforming primary and behavioral healthcare systems. Each certificate is designed as a stand-alone learning experience and also carries a designated number of NYSED-approved social work contact hours. Completion of five of the six certificates results in the award of the Advanced Certificate in Primary and Behavioral Health.
- The Affordable Care Act (10 NYSED-approved contact hours)
- Social Determinants of Health: Healthcare Disparities and Integrated Healthcare (20 NYSED-approved contact hours)
- Person-Centered Care: Understanding Core Components of Practice and Skills Development (20 NYSED-approved contact hours )
- The ACA: Promoting Systems & Organized Accountability (10 NYSED-approved contact hours)
- The ACA: Promoting Leadership through Times of Change (20 NYSED-approved contact hours)
- Trauma-Informed care (20 NYSED-approved contact hours)
Each certificate program is led by experts in their respective fields. Classes are offered as a blend of: face-to-face classroom sessions; live, online sessions via WebEx webinars; facilitated online meetings; and, podcast assignments. See the module calendars below for specific meeting dates for each module.
Assignments include weekly readings and a final learning assessment in the form of a project.