9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
- Andrew B. Schmidt, PhD, LCSW, New York State Psychiatric Institute at Columbia University Medical Center
- Marcia B. Kimeldorf, PhD, New York State Psychiatric Institute at Columbia University Medical Center
Taught using a variety of techniques including, slides, interactive lecture and discussion, presenter led demonstrations, videos, handouts, worksheets, interactive role plays, and small break out groups, this training will cover basic CBT skills including how to do a thorough case conceptualization, the identification of automatic thoughts, core beliefs, and cognitive distortions, the nuts and bolts of cognitive restructuring, behavioral activation, relaxation and breathing techniques. Other cognitive tools (e.g. coping cards, thought diaries, and behavioral experiments) and the fundamentals of exposure therapy will also be reviewed.
- Learn theory of CBT;
- Learn CBT skills;
- Learn application of skills to clinical issues including: depression and anxiety; and
- Learn how to modify application of skills.
|9:00 am – 9:10 am||Check In|
|9:10 am – 9:40 am||Overview of Cognitive and Behavioral treatment approaches|
|9:40am – 11:00am||
Cognitive therapy: The Basics and Beyond
|11:00 am – 11:15 am||Break|
|11:15 am – 12:45 pm||
Intermediate and Core Beliefs
|12:45 pm – 1:45 pm||Lunch Break|
|1:45 pm – 2:15 pm||Behavior Therapy: What it is and how to use it|
|2:15 pm – 3:45 pm||
Behavior Therapy in Action
|3:45 pm – 4:00 pm||Break|
|4:00 pm – 4:45 pm||
Additional Behavior Therapy Techniques
|4:45 pm – 5:00 pm||Wrap-up/Summary|
We are no longer accepting registrations for this event as it has reached capacity.
Continuing Education Units
Seven (7) CEUs will be awarded by NASW NY.
This event will include a light breakfast.
- General Admission: $135.00
- NYU Silver Alumni (Graduate and Undergraduate degrees): $101.25
- NYU Silver Post-Masters Certificate Program Alumni: $114.75
- NYU Silver Current Field Instructors: $101.25
- NYU Silver Current Students (space-available basis): $40.00
- Non-NYU Silver Current MSW and PhD Students (space-available basis): $60.00
- Veterans: $67.50
- 3+ from one agency: $101.25 each
cancellations and refunds
In the event that after registering, you determine that you can no longer attend this event, The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made on or before November 3 (by midnight): full refund
- Refund requests made on or before November 8 (by midnight): 50% refund
- Refund requests made on or after November 9: no refund
In the instance of event cancellation, all registrants will be fully reimbursed.