9:00am - 5:00pm
DBT Skills: Breaking Through Behavioral Impasses in Therapy
9:00am - 5:00pm
Susan Dowd Stone, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Therapist; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Silver School of Social Work, New York University.
Taught using a variety of techniques including, slides, interactive lecture and discussion, presenter led demonstrations, and handouts, this training on Dialectical Behavior Therapy, initially development for borderline personality disorder, offers strategies which may be useful when therapy interfering behaviors threaten the integrity and progress of the critical therapist/client alliance. This one day experiential workshop will cover some of DBT’s most effective skills and strategies for coping with treatment noncompliance, boundary violations, suicidality, and management of destructive urges.
- Learn basic and advanced DBT theory;
- Learn DBT skills;
- Learn application of skills to clinical issues including: depression and anxiety; and
- Learn how to modify application of skills.
|9:00 am – 9:10 am||Check In|
|9:10 am – 10:45 am||
Emotion Dysregulation Across Diagnoses
|10:45 am – 10:50 am||
|10:50am – 12:40 pm||
The Biosocial Theory, Dialectics, Stages of Treatment
|12:40 pm – 1:10 pm||
|1:10 pm – 2:45 pm||
The Four DBT Modules
|2:45 pm – 3:20 pm||Linehan Video and Discussion: Acting Opposite to Emotion|
|3:20 pm – 3:30 pm||Break|
|3:30 pm – 4:00 pm||Breakout Sessions: Instructor-Provided Case Studies|
|4:00 pm – 4:30 pm||Case Presentations and Commentary|
|4:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Q&A|
We are no longer accepting registrations for this event as it has reached capacity.
Continuing Education Units
Seven (7) CEUs will be awarded by NASW NY.
This event will include a light breakfast.
- General Admission: $135.00
- NYU Silver Alumni (Graduate and Undergraduate degrees): $101.25
- NYU Silver Post-Masters Certificate Program Alumni: $114.75
- NYU Silver Current Field Instructors: $101.25
- NYU Silver Current Students (space-available basis): $40.00
- Non-NYU Silver Current MSW and PhD Students (space-available basis): $60.00
- 3+ from one agency: $101.25 each
- Veterans: $67.50
cancellations and refunds
In the event that after registering, you determine that you can no longer attend this event, The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made on or before November 5 (by midnight): full refund
- Refund requests made on or before November 10 (by midnight): 50% refund
- Refund requests made on or after November 11: no refund
In the instance of event cancellation, all registrants will be fully reimbursed.