9:00am - 1:30pm
9:00am - 1:30pm
Naomi Levine, BA, LLB, JSD, Executive Director, George H. Heyman, Jr., Center for Philanthropy and Fundraising, NYU-SCPS
Taught using a variety of techniques including, slides, interactive lecture and discussion, presenter led demonstrations, and handouts, this training for social work professionals and those in related fields will provide an overview and methodology for raising funds in the current not-for-profit landscape.
- Learn the art of fundraising;
- Learn fundraising strategies; and
- Learn skills of assessment of needs and priorities, identification of fundraising sources, establishment of relationship and the art of the ask.
|9:00 – 9:15 am||Coffee|
|9:15 – 10:30 am||
Different Forms of Fundraising
Naomi Levine & Marian Stern
|10:30 – 11:00 am||
|11:00 – 11:45 am||Break|
|10:55 – 11:40 am||
The Art of the Ask
|11:45 am – 12:00 pm||Break|
|12:00 – 12:30 pm||
Corporation, Government, and Foundation Fundraising: Events, Sponsorship, Community Engagement
|12:30 – 1:15 pm||
Technology and Social Media
|1:15 - 2:00 pm||
Susan Shattuck & Laurie Krotman
This event has passed.
Continuing Education Units
Four (4) CEUs will be awarded by NASW NY.
This event will include a light breakfast.
- General Admission: $35.00
- NYU Silver Alumni (Graduate and Undergraduate degrees): $26.25
- NYU Silver Post-Masters Certificate Program Alumni: $29.75
- NYU Silver Current Field Instructors: $26.25
- NYU Silver Current Students (space-available basis): $15.00
- Non-NYU Silver MSW and PhD Students (space-available basis): $25.00
- Veterans: $17.50
- 3+ from one agency: $26.25
cancellations and refunds
In the event that after registering, you determine that you can no longer attend this event, The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made on or before September 30 (by midnight): full refund
- Refund requests made on or before October 5 (by midnight): 50% refund
- Refund requests made on or after October 6: no refund
In the instance of event cancellation, all registrants will be fully reimbursed.