9:00am - 4:00pm
Inside and Outside the Justice System: Advocacy, Policy and Practice
Interview with Glenn E. Martin, Conference Keynote Speaker
9:00am - 4:00pm
Through a variety of techniques including, slides, interactive lecture and discussion, and handouts, this full-day conference will raise understanding and skills in relating to the broad field of social justice as it impacts those involved in the justice system. Policy issues and multiple forms of justice will be explored. Clinical skill building will be applied in the broad arena of forensic practice.
|9:00 am - 9:20 am||Check In and Welcome|
|9:20 am - 10:05 am||
Keynote with Q&A: “Marching Upstream: Redefining Justice in America”
|10:05 am - 10:10 am||
|10:10 am - 11:40 am||
Justice Panel with Q&A
|11:40 am - 12:40 pm||
Luncheon with Q&A: “A Policy Perspective”
|12:40 pm - 1:30 pm||
Panel with Q&A: "Mental Illness Along the Criminal Justice Continuum"
Kendall Atterbury, LMSW, PhD Student, NYU Silver School of Social Work; Director of Peer Informed Practice, Community Access
|1:30 pm - 4:00 pm||
Training: “Diagnostic Models of System Change: Clinical Social Work Practice and Criminal Justice Reform and Q&A”
This conference is co-sponsored by:
The National Organization of Forensic Social Work
The EAC Network
Promoting Specialized Care and Health (PSCH)
Registration is now closed for this event.
Continuing Education Units
Eight (8) CEUs will be awarded by NASW NY.
This event will include a light breakfast and boxed lunch.
- General Admission: $150.00
- NYU Silver Alumni (Graduate and Undergraduate degrees): $112.50
- NYU Silver Post-Masters Certificate Program Alumni: $127.50
- NYU Silver Current Field Instructors: $112.50
- NYU Silver Current Students (space-available basis): $40.00
- Non-NYU Silver Current MSW and PhD Students (space-available basis): $60.00
- 3+ from one agency: $112.50 each
- Veterans: $75.00
cancellations and refunds
In the event that after registering, you determine that you can no longer attend this event, The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning offers refunds on the following basis:
- Refund requests made on or before December 3 (by midnight): full refund
- Refund requests made on or before December 8 (by midnight): 50% refund
- Refund requests made on or after December 9: no refund
In the instance of event cancellation, all registrants will be fully reimbursed.