March 13, 2015
“The Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment of Sexual Addiction in the Digital Age”
March 13, 2015
Robert Weiss, LCSW, CSAT-S, Senior Vice-President of Clinical Development, Elements Behavioral Health, Author, Clinical Educator
Robert Weiss LCSW, CSAT-S is Senior Vice President of Clinical Development for Elements Behavioral Health. He has developed clinical programs for The Ranch outside Nashville, Tennessee, Promises Treatment Centers in Malibu, and The Sexual Recovery Institute in Los Angeles. A licensed UCLA MSW graduate and personal trainee of Dr. Patrick Carnes, he is author of Cruise Control: Understanding Sex Addiction in Gay Men and Sex Addiction 101: A Basic Guide to Healing from Sex, Porn, and Love Addiction, and lead author with Dr. Jennifer Schneider of both Untangling the Web: Sex, Porn, and Fantasy Obsession in the Internet Age and the 2014 release, Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships, along with numerous peer-reviewed articles and chapters. An author and subject expert on sexual addiction as well as the relationship between digital technology and human sexuality, Mr. Weiss has served as a media specialist for CNN, The Oprah Winfrey Network, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Today Show, among many others. He has also provided clinical multi-addiction training and behavioral health program development for the US military, The NIH and treatment centers throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships coauthored with Dr. Jennifer Schneider
- Cruise Control: Understanding Sex Addiction in Gay Men (2nd Edition)
- Sex Addiction 101: A Basic Guide to Healing from Sex, Porn, and Love Addiction
- Untangling the Web: Sex, Porn, and Fantasy Obsession in the Internet Age co-authored with Dr. Jennifer Schneider
- Always Turned On- Understanding Cybersex and Porn Addiction –Gentle Path Press- Jan 2015
- Sex Addiction 101 – HCI Books, Winter 2015
- The Huffington Post
- Psychology Today
- Counselor Magazine (online)
Due to high demand, this event has reached capacity. To be added to the wait list for this event, please click here.
NOTE: Our registration and payment forms work best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers and less well with Internet Explorer and Safari. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox when completing the registration form. Please make sure to check that all fields are completed accurately on the form before submitting.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Attendance at this event result in receipt of three (3) continuing education credit hours.
- General Admission: $45.00
- NYU Silver Alumni (Graduate and Undergraduate degrees): $33.75
- NYU Silver Post-Masters Certificate Program Alumni: $38.25
- NYU Silver Current Field Instructors: $33.75
- NYU Silver Current Students (space-available basis): $25.00
- Non-NYU Current Students (space-available basis): $30.00
- Veterans: $22.50
- 3+ from one agency: $33.75 each
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Office of Global and Lifelong Learning
1 Washington Square North, G08
New York, NY 10003