Beginning in January 2014, the Office of Global and Lifelong Learning at NYU Silver will introduce a new series of learning opportunities. These half-day workshops will focus on key social work issues in the areas of ethics, values, and practice challenges.
Focusing on individuals receiving services and those providing services, some of the topics we will examine this first year include:
- Paths to leadership with particular emphasis on women of color;
- Violence, including an explortion of its psychosocial and emotional contexts, as well as implications for practice;
- The multiple aspects of immigration;
- End of life as an opportunity for increased understanding, reflection and comfort for the individual, family and provider
- Mindfulness as a framework for developing focus and compassion within the context of practice.
We hope you will join us as we welcome an outstanding array of experts who will share their wisdom in formal presentations and highly interactive experiences.
More details about these workshops will be shared on this page as they develop.