Announcing the 2015-2016 NYU Silver Social Justice and Diversity Grant Challenge
October 22, 2015
The Silver School of Social Work is excited to announce the return of the Social Justice and Diversity Grant for the 2015-2016 academic year. In alignment with the school’s strategic plan and mission, the grant creates opportunities for Silver students, organizations, staff, and faculty to collaboratively explore social justice and diversity issues and supports initiatives that further the creation of socially just communities.
The purpose of the grant is to:
- Support and encourage events that lead to the development of socially just communities
- Encourage a commitment to cultural humility, social diversity, and inclusion
- Facilitate the review of personal values and beliefs that may influence decision-making
- Promote self awareness to eliminate biases in professional practice
Applicants propose, design, and implement programs that educate the Silver community about social justice issues and promote causes that are important to the goals of social work. Grant proposals can include, but are not limited to, school-wide events, dialogue events, workshops, or trainings. Proposals can focus on creating partnerships, raising awareness, and broadening knowledge about an issue or population.
The grant is open to NYU Silver students, organizations, faculty, and staff members that wish to embrace NYU Silver’s commitment to diversity and advancing social justice through collaborative initiatives.
Last year’s grant funded the following events and initiatives:
- Contemporary Social Justice Issues: Addressing the Social Hardships that Youth Face in the 21st Century
- Next Step: College Mentorship Program
- Recruit, Support and Develop NYU Silver Latino Social Workers
- Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention Conference
- Trans Care Basics: Clinical Work with the Transgender Population
- Voices of Young Asians and Asian Americans in the U.S.
We encourage you to apply and hope you will take advantage of this exciting opportunity!
Please submit your Application by the deadline: Friday, November 6, by 12:00 PM.
RSVP for an information session: Thursday, October 27 at 5:30 PM, 1 Washington Square North, Room 216
You may find answers to frequently asked questions here.
Please e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.