Silver School graduates, friends, and family gathered at Lincoln Center on Wednesday, May 12, to celebrate the graduation of the Class of 2010 from the NYU Silver School of Social Work. Dean Videka, in her first year as dean, offered the keynote address. She talked about the history and values of the social work profession and reflected on the students' education at NYU Silver.
As part of the School's 50th anniversary, a video feature was shown, celebrating graduating students and the School's history. Attendees also heard from Porter Kirkwood, Jr., MSW '61, a member of the School's first graduating class.
Read comments from the following convocation speakers:
- Lynn Videka, Dean and Professor
- Edward Alessi, PhD '10, doctoral student address
- Kathleen Crehan, BS '10, undergraduate student address
- Bobby Casiano, MSW '10, master's student address
- Jane Tylus, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs at NYU
Jessica Mason, BS '10, served as the student speaker for the University-wide commencement at Yankee Stadium -- the first time a social work undergraduate has given the student speech. View Mason's speech here.