Congratulations on your acceptance to the MSW Program. The following information is designed to make your registration process as simple as possible.
- Activate your NYUHome account. Be sure to update Emergency Contact information.
- Review the curriculum guide to see which courses to take.
- Arrange a schedule by looking up the times and days courses are offered on Albert, which is accessible through NYUHome.
- You should arrange several alternative schedules in case you are unable to enroll in your first-choice course(s).
- Students enrolling in Field Instruction must schedule all courses on 2 mid-week business days (ie., choose 2 days among Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday).
- Full-time students will be in Field Instruction for 21 hours per week and are expected to make themselves available to complete all Field hours.
- Registration is entirely online so familiarize yourself with Albert.
- To search for and enroll in courses, click "Add Classes" beneath "Shopping Cart" on your Albert homepage.
- If you are closed out of your first-choice section of a course when you register, use the SWAP function in Albert to sign up for an open section as soon as possible, and then add yourself to the waitlist for your first-choice section. Please note that students are responsible for using the SWAP function correctly in order to preserve your place on a waitlist.
- New students in the Two Year, Advanced Standing, and MSW/EMPA programs should register for Field Instruction (21 hours per week) in the fall semester. New students in the Extended, OYR, 32 Month, ISP, MSW/MPH, and MSW/JD programs should not register for Field Instruction in the fall semester. Review the curriculum guide to see when you should register in Field Instruction.
ADVANCED STANDING STUDENTS - PRACTICE III
- Advanced Standing Students must register for one of the follow Practice III sections: section 001, 010, 030, or 040