- Review the curriculum guide to see which courses to take.
- Arrange a schedule by looking up the times and days courses are offered on Albert, which is accessible through NYUHome.
- You can review registration preparation instructions and tips.
- You should arrange several alternative schedules in case you are unable to enroll in your first-choice course(s).
- Students enrolling in Field Instruction must plan to reserve 3 business days for field work and schedule all courses on 2 other days (ie., choose 2 days among Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday for classes).
- To search for and enroll in courses, click "Add Classes" beneath "Shopping Cart" on your Albert homepage.
- There are additional guides for registering through Albert.
- If you are closed out of your first-choice section of a course when you register, use the SWAP function in Albert to sign up for an open section as soon as possible, and then add yourself to the waitlist for your first-choice section. Please note that students are responsible for using the SWAP function correctly in order to preserve your place on a waitlist.
The following instructions are valid for all students EXCEPT 32 MONTH STUDENTS.
Social Work Practice I and Field Instruction I
- Part-time students in all programs who are entering Practice I and Field I can register for any section they choose. The section of Practice I and Field I should be the same. (For example, a student in section MSWPF-GS 2001.001 of Practice I should register for section MSWFD-GS 2100.001 of Field I.)
Social Work Practice II and Field Instruction II
- All students registering for Social Work Practice II and Field Instruction II will automatically be enrolled in the appropriate sections. You do not need to add these courses on Albert.
Social Work Practice III and Field Instruction III
- All Two-Year and part-time continuing students can register for any section of Practice III they choose.
- Two Year and Extended students in Practice III should register for Field Instruction III, MSWFD-GS 2300, section 002 (Albert #6968).
- OYR students in Practice III should register for Field Instruction III, MSWFD-GS 2300
Social Work Practice IV and Field Instruction IV (for Spring semester)
- Advanced Standing students registering for Social Work Practice IV and Field Instruction IV will be automatically enrolled in the appropriate section, which is with the same professor and faculty advisor as Practice III and Field IV. You do not need to add these courses on Albert.
- All other students entering Social Work Practice IV and Field Instruction IV:
- Must select and enroll themselves in a Social Work Practice IV section that works with their schedule.
- Should not enroll themselves in Field Instruction IV since they will automatically be enrolled in the appropriate sections.
All 32 Month Students should enroll in the designated 32 Month Practice and Field classes as designated in the curriculum. 32 Month students will need to register themselves for the correct Practice and Field sections each semester; they will not be pre-registered.