The Office of Student Affairs is excited to announce the return of the Social Justice and Diversity Grant being offered here at Silver. In light of the school’s strategic plan and Mission, the grant was created last year to strengthen the school’s diversity and social justice programmatic offerings.
The purpose of the grant is to:
- Support and encourage the production of events that lead to awareness of diverse populations
- Encourage a commitment to cultural competence and social diversity
- Facilitate the review of personal values and beliefs that may influence decision- making
- Promote self awareness to eliminate biases in professional practice
Who Should Apply?
The Social Justice & Diversity Grant is open to NYU Silver students, organizations, faculty and staff members that wish to live Silver’s commitment to diversity and advancing social justice through collaborative and information-sharing initiatives. Applicants propose, design, and implement programs that educate the Silver community about social justice issues, and promote causes that are important to the goals of social work.
Grant applicants must have:
- At least part of their proposals team comprised of individuals from two or more diverse populations, AND
- Involvement of at least one Silver-recognized student group
The deadline to apply for funding is November 1, 2013. The Social Justice and Diversity Grant Selection Committee, composed of students, faculty, and staff from the Silver School of Social Work, will review applications. Selected applicants will receive a response with further instructions in early November.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org