- Dates of Course: January 11-20, 2019 (flights from NYC are overnight, departing late on January 10)
- Housing: Double-occupancy dorm rooms.
- Total Credits: 3 elective credits
- Available for: Graduate Master's, Undergraduate Seniors, Non-Matriculated Students
- Passport: Must be valid for 6 months beyond date of entry; must have at least 1 blank page
- Note on Field Placement: January program credits count toward spring semester credit allotments and financial aid. Students with field placements must obtain permission from their faculty advisors and agency field instructors to miss field dates for a January course. Students must make up all missed field dates at another time during the year.
Assessment and Treatment of Children of Substance Misusing Parents
about the program
Lala Straussner, PhD, Professor of Social Work
- Tuition and Fees: Graduate tuition and fees, paid directly to the Bursar.
- GeoBlue Insurance: $29.10. Enrollment in GeoBlue insurance (2018 rates TBA) is required for all students traveling outside of the United States for an NYU course. The Office of Global and Lifelong Learning will enroll all students in GeoBlue insurance.
- Estimated Housing: $660.15 ($73.35/night for 9 nights) for double-occupancy rooms. Housing bills are paid to the Bursar.
- Estimated Airfare to Tel Aviv: $1,200 estimated from NYC, subject to booking date.
- Meals: A welcome meal will be provided. Students are responsible for any additional meals. Cooking facilities will be available at the dorm.
- Excursions: Trips to Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, and Masada will be arranged. Cost are currently estimated at $500-600.
- Personal expenses: All other expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Study Abroad Course Application and Registration Process
The 2019 course is no longer accepting applications.
Tel Aviv Scholarship Form
The scholarship application is now closed.
Dr. Lala A. Straussner, Professor and Director, Post-Master's Program in the Clinical Approaches to the Addictions, New York University Silver School of Social Work; Founding Editor, Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions,