The purpose of the Manuals is to acquaint you with the School's procedures and requirements so that you can succeed in your studies. Consult the School's web site and your email for updates.
- Undergraduate Field Learning Manual (PDF)
- MSW Student Manual (PDF) (includes Field Learning materials)
- Fields of Practice and Focused Learning Opportunities (PDF)
- Checklist for Placement Process Specialized Practice year (PDF)
- Field Placement Process & Timeline Specialized Practice year (PDF)
- Informational Meetings - Focused Learning Opportunities (PDF
Student Field Placement Web Forms
Login with your University ‘Albert’ NetID and Password: Field Placement Web Forms
Your information on ‘Albert’ such as program, address, and contact information appears on the web forms and cannot be modified on the form. If required, please modify your information on ‘Albert’. These updates will automatically update our Field Learning database. For assistance please call the Office of Field Learning and Community Partnerships at (212) 998-5920.
Employment based field learning applications and guidelines:
- Extended One Year Residence (OYR) / 900 Hours Application (PDF)
- Extended One Year Residence (OYR) Guidelines (PDF
- Employment based (Non-OYR) / 600 Hours Application (PDF)
- Employment based (Non-OYR) 600 Hours Guidelines (PDF)
Field Learning Student Evaluations
Initial Educational Statements
The Initial Educational Statement should be completed by the field instructor and student collaboratively. Part I, the Orientation and Field Instruction Plan, should be completed within the first two weeks of placement. Part II provides a baseline assessment of the student’s skill level, establishes the learning plan for the remainder of the semester, and provides an initial indication of the grade level of the student’s performance in the early stages of placement. Part II should be completed in the 7th week of field placement.
- Undergraduate Senior Initial Educational Statement (PDF)
- Generalist Practice Initial Educational Statement (PDF)
- Specialized Practice Initial Educational Statement (PDF)
- Undergraduate Junior Final Evaluation (PDF) (After completion of 100 hours
Mid-Year & Final Evaluations
The Mid-Year Evaluation is completed at the end of the first semester of either the undergraduate senior year, MSW generalist practice year, or the MSW specialized practice year and after the student has finished the 300 hours required for field instruction.
The Final Evaluation is completed at the end of the second semester of either the undergraduate senior year, MSW generalist year, or the MSW specialized practice year and after the student has completed 600 hours required for field instruction.
The field instructor completes and submits the evaluation online and the student is prompted via email to login and review and submit the evaluation.
The faculty advisor reviews the evaluation and assigns the grade. The evaluation is a major component of assigning a grade for Field Instruction. (The faculty advisor will not be able to give a grade without a completed evaluation).
For assistance please call the Office of Field Learning & Community Partnerships at (212) 998-5920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org