PhD Program admission requirements include:
- a master’s degree (MSW is preferred) with a graduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4-point scale;
- a bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher, based on a 4-point scale;
- acceptable scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam, for applicants whose first language is not English or who have not earned a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is exclusively English. The program will accept Duolingo English test scores if applicant received a combined undergraduate and graduate education of four years where the official language of instruction of the institution was English for all course work;
- an updated Curriculum Vitae;
- a well-written and compelling statement of research interest; and
- three outstanding letters of recommendation.
Note: Although post-MSW practice experience is not a requirement, at least three years of experience is recommended.