Executive Leadership in the Not-for-Profit Sector
From the Director: Interview with Linda Lausell Bryant, BA, MSW, PHD
The certificate program is comprised of 10 sessions over one semester, running Tuesdays evenings 5:30 - 8:00 pm. Assignments include weekly readings and a final learning assessment in the form of a project or test.
- Adaptive Leadership, a practical leadership framework that helps individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in challenging environments
- Guest lecturers including current and former CEOs, government officials (such as New York Times Corner Office* columnist and author Adam Bryant and Adaptive Leadership consultant, Marc Manashil)
- Hiring and talent development
- Development and fiscal management
- Stakeholder relations (board, community, government)
- Case studies
Continuing Education Contact Hours
- 25 NYSED-approved Contact Hours will be awarded for this program.
NYU Silver School of Social Work, 1415 is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. NYU Silver School of Social Work maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 11/11/16 - 11/11/19. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. *Updated approval details for 2020 will be available in January 2020
For Mental Health Practitioners: Please check with your state, if you are not licensed in New York, to determine if these credits will be accepted for licensing renewal.
The application for the 2019-2020 program has closed. Check back in spring 2020 for the 2020-2021 program application.
Special Accommodations & Grievance Guidelines
Students requiring accommodations have the opportunity to make these known upon registering or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on our grievance and complaint procedures, contact (212) 998-9099 or email@example.com.
2019-20 Certificate Programs
- Advanced Assessment and Diagnosis
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Child and Family Therapy
- Clinical Approaches to the Addictions
- Clinical Practice with Adolescents
- Clinical Supervision
- Executive Leadership in the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Spirituality and Social Work
- Rodney Lee, MSW, Deputy Director, Children’s Aid Society
- Lisa Haisha