General Admission Requirements
- Master’s degree in social work with a graduate grade point average of 3.5 or higher (based on a 4-point scale)
- Minimum of two years post-MSW practice experience
- LMSW or equivalent required, with an LCSW or equivalent strongly preferred
- International students are required to submit TOEFL scores if English is not their first language. View all International Student Requirements
- Three academic or work-related letters of reference
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- A recent professional writing sample
- Personal essay (5–10 pages)
- Interview, as requested by the admissions committee
Visa Eligibility for International Students: The DSW program is offered as a part-time, on-campus course of study. Full-time and/or fully on-line coursework is not offered. Please note that part-time study does not provide student visa eligibility. Applicants are responsible for determining whether they have the necessary visa eligibility to apply for admission to the DSW Program. Information about U.S. visas may be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
The DSW program enrolls new students for the fall term only.
- Priority application opens Monday, October 30, 2023
- Priority application deadline: Friday, December 1, 2023
- Regular application opens Monday, December 4, 2023
- Regular application deadline: Friday, March 1, 2024
The DSW program has a limited number of available seats for new students. Every year we strive to admit experienced Social Workers who are academically rigorous students and interested in combining lived experiences with advanced theory to contribute to the field. Ensuring a strong match between student and faculty advisor is a priority. Depending on the applicant pool and our matching process, some applicants may not be offered admission immediately, but may be placed on a waitlist for regular decision.