Your program manual is an excellent resource for information about academic and community standards. Student forms, including the Incomplete Grade Request form, can be found in the Appendix of the MSW Student Manual.
Academic advisement is provided to all students throughout their school attendance. Students are expected to review the curriculum guide [PDF] and consult with an academic advisor for additional guidance.
- Two-Year and 16-Month: Takako Kono, email@example.com
- Advanced Standing, International, 32 month, Non-Matriculated, and Dual-Degree Students: Elizabeth Chon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended and OYR Students: Susan Egert, email@example.com
- Rockland Students: Aminda Heckman Chomanczuk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westchester Students: Cora de Leon, email@example.com
- Shanghai Students, Minchao Jin, firstname.lastname@example.org
During the Field practicum, the faculty advisor serves as the student’s as well as the School’s liaison to the field agency. Faculty advisors are assigned by the Assistant Dean of Field Learning. Part-time students, prior to the practicum and during any hiatus between practicum years will be assigned to the coordinator, Extended and OYR program, for advisement.
- Two-Year Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction I - IV courses.
- Advanced Standing Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction III - IV courses.
- 16-Month Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction I - IV courses.
- Extended Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction I - IV courses.
- OYR Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction OYR-A - OYR-B courses.
- 32-Month Students: The instructor assigned to your Field Instruction 32MO I - VI courses.
NYU Silver students receive an individual academic advisement session with the undergraduate program director that precedes registration each semester. This is a time for you to discuss your long-term academic plans as well as specific course selections for that semester. These individual meetings with the undergraduate director also involve a review of your academic standing and where you need to obtain required clearance to enroll in classes for the upcoming term.
Staff & Contact Information
Track your degree progress in NYU Albert. To do so, go to Albert’s “Records” menu and check both the “Unofficial Transcript” and “Degree Progress Report” to find out your total credits, grade point average, and the status of your degree requirements.