- Shanghai-NY MSW Program Academic Support Services: questions about course work, graduation requirements, accommodations for students with disabilities, referrals for leaves of absence, licensure.
Contact: Dr. Minchao Jin, Academic Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Learning: Coordinates field placements, issues with supervision or placement.
Contact: Qian Xie, Faculty Advisor - email@example.com
- MSW Manual and Forms: The purpose of the manuals is to acquaint you with the School's procedures and requirements so that you can succeed in your studies. Consult the school's web site and your email for updates.
- NYU Shanghai Library: Borrow textbooks, research assistance, APA resources
- Academic Resource Center: Writing assistance and other academic support assistance including Language Support
- Academic Accommodations: Any student who needs a reasonable academic accommodation based on a diagnosed qualified disability is required to register with the NYU Moses Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD)
Shanghai Student Resources
Student Life in Shanghai
Silver Student Services
Michelle Hua, Student Services Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student advocacy, referrals and assistance for problem resolution, connect to NYU Shanghai student services, encourage community development and programming, non-academic advising, work with NYU Silver Assistant Dean to manage student concerns
- Student Affairs Calendar (Shanghai & New York events)- list of upcoming lectures, panels, extracurricular, and career development events
- Assistance with questions related to course registration, answer questions about eligibility requirements
- Provides support for NYU Silver scholarships and stipends
- Provides information and referrals about general financial aid questions, including student loans and work study grants
Career and Professional Development
- Career Counseling Appointments, Internship and Job Postings, Register for Workshops
@SilverCPD: A Silver-specific series of online career modules for MSW students exploring career options and beginning the job search. Find monthly lessons, on- and off-campus resources & events, and discussion forums.
Student Life in New York
Courtney O’Mealley, Associate Dean, Student Affairs
Angie Kim, Associate Director, Inclusive Engagement & Student Life
Sonia Bhansali, Associate Director, Career & Professional Development
- Student Affairs: advocacy, referrals and assistance for problem resolution, connect to University student services, non-academic advising, international student services, manage student grievances, community development and programming, student group recognition
- Student groups & student government advising
- Student Affairs Calendar - list of upcoming lectures, panels, extracurricular, and career development events
Important Campus Contacts